LAS VEGAS, Jan. 04, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quantenna Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:QTNA), a leading provider of high performance Wi-Fi solutions, today announced a complete solution for total home connectivity. This solution is comprised of a software framework, SONiQ, for the management of multiple access points or repeaters, and a range of Quantenna repeater hardware reference designs. Together, these two elements manage and optimize
home Wi-Fi networks and provide maximum speed and quality of experience for client devices.
Service providers and device manufacturers are continuing to deploy more services over Wi-Fi in the home. Whole home Wi-Fi coverage is critical and in certain situations, a single access point or router may not adequately cover the entire home due to building materials, poor Wi-Fi router placement, home size or other external factors. Adding Wi-Fi repeaters can provide the additional coverage necessary for whole home coverage. However, these devices need to be self-managed to prevent increased end-user complexity.
Quantenna's intelligent Self Optimizing Network (SONiQ) software is a framework for both mesh and star repeater connections. SONiQ not only provides zero-touch configuration of multiple routers and repeaters, but also seamlessly manages them to achieve best
in class speed and coverage. This is accomplished by performing client roaming (the handing off of clients between routers and repeaters as they move) and band-steering (the steering of clients to either 2.4GHz or 5GHz for the best and most optimal performance). In addition, SONiQ's modular architecture supports all Wi-Fi chips, not just Quantenna's solutions. SONiQ's algorithms for band-steering and client roaming can also be customized by system vendors, service providers or software integrators. The SONiQ framework unites various routers, access point, repeaters and other devices from any system and Wi-Fi chipset combination, enabling customers to use one software framework across all their products.
Quantenna has also developed a complete line of hardware reference
designs for wired extenders and wireless repeaters that operate seamlessly with SONiQ. These designs range from single-band, half-duplex designs optimized for size and costs to dual-band, dual-concurrent full-duplex designs that offer the best range and performance. These reference designs include:
- QV840R. A 4x4 5GHz half-duplex reference design for the smallest form factor applications. A single 4x4 5GHz 11ac radio serves as both the wireless backhaul to the main gateway or access point as well as the radio for all down-stream client traffic.
- QV860R. A 4x4 + 2x2 dual-band, half-duplex reference design for small form factor applications. Similar to QV840R, the QV860R uses a single 4x4 5GHz radio used for both backhaul and downstream clients, but with an additional 2.4GHz 2x2 radio for legacy
- QV864R. A tri-band, 4x4 + 4x4 + 2x2 full-duplex reference design for applications that require the highest speed and performance. A dedicated 4x4 5GHz 11ac radio is used for wireless backhaul to the main home gateway while a second 4x4 5GHz 802.11ac and 2x2 2.4GHz 11n radio is used for down-stream client traffic.
SONiQ can also be deployed on Quantenna client Wi-Fi solutions, which can also be used as repeaters for improved coverage.
"One of our key missions is to ensure the best possible Wi-Fi connectivity in any environment," said Dr. Sam Heidari, Chairman and CEO at Quantenna. "With SONiQ and our complete line of repeater reference designs, we are offering the most
comprehensive and highest performance home connectivity solutions. By ensuring interoperability with third party Wi-Fi chipsets, we want the entire Wi-Fi ecosystem to benefit from our technology and to continuously raise the Wi-Fi performance bar."
"We have worked with Quantenna to integrate SONiQ into our gateways and repeaters," said Jose Luis Espla, Director of Fixed Access and Device Development Center at Telefonica Group CTO Office. "It enables us to deliver whole home coverage as well as client roaming and band steering in homes that require multiple Access Points. This is what we call Smart Wi-Fi which will enhance the ease of use of our services and our customers' home experience."
Key SONiQ Features and Benefits
- Works over both mesh and star connections
- Automatic discovery and configuration of multiple repeaters
- Access point assisted client roaming using 802.11k/v/r
- Access point controlled client roaming
- Multiple repeater load balancing and band steering
- System-wide client PHY speed optimization
- Compliant with any Wi-Fi chipset
- Flexibility for customers to add in their management, roaming, and steering algorithms
- 802.11ax compliant
Quantenna's SONiQ and complete line of hardware reference designs are available now.
Quantenna is exhibiting in its private meeting room at the Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas from January 5 to 8, 2017. To set up a meeting and learn about the latest Quantenna Wi-Fi solutions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quantenna (Nasdaq:QTNA) is a global leader and innovator of leading-edge performance Wi-Fi
solutions. Quantenna introduced the world's first 10G Wi-Fi technology for a new generation of access points in home, enterprise and public spaces and continues to innovate. Quantenna's Wi-Fi solutions offer superior performance, and establish benchmarks for speed, range, efficiency and reliability. With MAUI, Quantenna's cloud-based Wi-Fi analytics platform that complements its chipset solutions, service providers can deliver real-time, automated Wi-Fi monitoring, optimization, and self-healing to their customers around the clock to help achieve the best Wi-Fi experience. Quantenna is Wi-Fi perfected. For more information, visit www.quantenna.com.
+1 510 897 2711
Source: Quantenna Communications
News Provided by Acquire Media